Trader Joe’s… oh, how I wish we would’ve met sooner, but I’m so glad we finally did.
The week I was moving from OKC to Oregon, Trader Joe’s moved into Nichols Hills Plaza. Naturally. To say I was bummed is an understatement. I had heard about all the amazing things people would get from TJ’s and that people were OBSESSED – so much so that they would have friends ship them items if they didn’t have one nearby.
I needed to know what this craze was all about! Lucky for me, when I moved to Oregon, I gained several Trader Joe’s stores. PRAISE! We would travel over an hour from the coast to get all our goods – and it was definitely worth it.
In my instagram stories a few weeks back, I asked if y’all would be interested in a post with some of favorites. The response was an overwhelming YES! So, here are just some of my favorites, things I buy almost every trip, as well as some recipe/easy meal ideas with the products I buy!
ADDED BONUS // There is a free printable grocery list for you at the bottom of this post! One that is blank, and one with some of these favorites already filled in for you! No sign-up required – just click, download, and print!
Now, let’s get to the list, shall we?
- Jicama sticks
- Great for a crunch, mild flavor in salads (and not a lot of calories)
- Corn on the cobs
- Already husked, ready to go
- Also great to add to southwest salads, and favorite in eggs/chicken/cheese burrito bowls
- Teeny tiny avocados
- Great price – 5-6 for about $2.99
- The perfect size for 2 pieces of toast (if I’m only fixing one, I’ll save the other half for later)
- TIP: if the avocados aren’t ripe yet, leave them on your kitchen counter. Once they are ripened or just before, throw them in the fridge – they will last for at least a week, if not longer (huge money saver!)
- Riced cauliflower
- Convenient – it’s already “riced” for you so it’s ready to use in any recipe
- Makes great fried “rice” (I like making ours with coconut aminos, in lieu of soy sauce)
- GF flatbread pizza crusts
- These are a staple for me – perfect for dinner when you don’t feel like cooking up a whole meal
- Great tasting (especially for gluten free)
- 2 per pack – makes a couple of meals for myself or buy 2-3 packs for family homemade pizza night!
- Butternut squash triangoli
- Easy & quick to cook
- Great with any sauce or just EVOO
- Vegan kale, cashew, & basil pesto
- Love this on the GF flatbread pizza crusts (recipe idea in pic below – roasted asparagus + grilled chicken flatbread – SO GOOD)
- Great on toast for a quick snack
- Throw in with any cream (heavy, coconut, etc.) and you have an instant pasta sauce – great with the butternut squash triangle (see pic above 🙂 )
- Chili lime seasoning
- Love this on grilled chicken, avocado toast, taco salad topper, eggs, fruit (mango, pineapple), margs, anything Mexi-inspired
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- EVERYONE’S FAVORITE (even Tank’s 😉 )
- Perfect companion for eggs, avocado toast, grilled chicken, mac and cheese (just discovered this magical-ness)
- EVOO spray
- I will never not buy this spray – it’s a pantry staple (and it’s affordable)
- Perfect for roasting veggies – spray just the right amount (the worst is pouring too much EVOO on your food and then they are a sloppy mess instead of that perfect crispiness – this will fix that!! Trust me)
- Since you end up using only want you need, you don’t end up wasting expensive olive oil – hello money-saver!
- Organic coconut aminos
- Great replacement for soy sauce
- Perfect for homemade marinades & dressings
- Raw almond butter – creamy
- Great on toast, rice cakes, in oatmeal
- What I use to make my homemade protein bars
- Coconut creamer
- Absolute all-time fave!!!
- Dairy free, gluten free, soy free
- Minimal ingredients and sugar
- Reasonably priced
- Coffee pods – medium roast
- Great price – $4.99 for 12
- No plastic pod, just the filter
- Turmeric ginger tea
- Add coconut creamer for a turmeric ginger “latte”
- Ginger beer – great for Moscow mules
- Hands down my favorite ginger beer
- A little sweeter, but that’s why I like it – great for making drinks with minimal ingredients
- One of my favorite go-to refreshing drinks – Tito’s vodka + Trader Joe’s ginger beer + top with your favorite sparkling water (my favorites are La Croix Coconut with a squeeze of lime or La Croix Blackberry Cucumber)
- Pumpkin butter
- Great on toast, waffles, in oatmeal, yogurt
- If you like apple butter, this is a must-try when it’s in season!
- Pumpkin waffles (frozen section)
- Quick option for breakfast, perfect for a snack
- Add pumpkin butter in lieu of syrup
- Make a yummy desert with a scoop of ice cream
- Butternut squash mac & cheese (frozen section)
- So good! When it was in stock, I’d always buy at least 2 at a time
- One package made 2 servings (or 1 – no judging here 😉 )
- Best when prepared in the oven – trust me, it’s worth the effort! The cheese gets perfectly melty and gooey… dang it, now, I want some (come on fall!)
Now for the freebies!
Click the buttons below to download your free grocery list instantly! I created the list layout in such a way so that you can fold it in half (hamburger style) and carry it with you at the store. Use the blank one for your regular grocery trips & use the Trader Joe’s one for your TJ trips – it includes some of my faves already listed for you! 🙂
Do you love Trader Joe’s too? What are some of your favorites? Share them with me in the comments below! I’m always looking for new stuff to try from TJ’s 🙂
Catherine @ To & Fro FamJuly 30, 2018 at 12:58 pm
I’ve been wondering about those coconut aminos – going to have to pick up some next time we go to TJs. I also like their GF cauliflower pizza crust. It lets me eat pizza and still be GF when everyone else is eating their own cheesy, doughy deliciousness!
Jade Helm / Tasting PourJuly 30, 2018 at 2:08 pm
I too was really stoked when I moved here and finally got to live in a town with a Trader Joe’s. I have my own list of TJ must haves and there is like no duplication with yours. Just goes to show how many great things you can get there. I am a mostly a from scratch cook but I do find I can get fun vinegars and other ingredients to play with. And the free samples!
PechJuly 30, 2018 at 3:15 pm
That photo with the Everything but the bagel seasoning is everything!!! Also, I need to go get that! Next Trader Joe’s trip for me I’m going to recheck some of the things you listed here!
Erin @ Platings and PairingsJuly 31, 2018 at 1:51 pm
You have lots of my favorites on this list but I didn’t know about the Coconut Aminos! Definitely need to try those out soon!
Hillary @ Crumb KissesJuly 31, 2018 at 8:09 pm
I feel you girl – Trader Joe’s is LIFE. My apartment window looks out to TJ’s in NW Portland, so I am there daily! I haven’t tried that EVOO spray, it sounds amazing! I hate wasting olive oil, so I am definitely getting that next time.
MarithaAugust 1, 2018 at 6:39 am
i am so out of the trader joe’s scoop — so much good stuff here and I have only been a couple times. need to get on it!